MTYS PADANA CONGRESS
Re-vision the way we Function
Share your vision, Engage in action
Every youth has a dream of how the Sakhyam should be. The Mar Thoma Yuvajana Sakhyam Padana Congress will serve as a platform for sharing these dreams and to rework and realign the programmes and activities of the Sakhyam at the Sakha, Diocesan and Kendra levels. We expect to formulate New perspectives for functioning, new paradigms of action.
The Aim of the Padana Congress
· Participation of every member of the Sakhyam
· Formulation of different and varied styles of functioning
· Activation of the Sakhas
· Preparation of a common 2- year action plan for the Sakha till Kendra levels
· Conduction of the action plan through the active involvement of every member of the Sakhyam
· Animation of the youth of the Church
The Subjects for discussion in the Padana Congress
· The need for a time bound and complementary action plan from the Sakha to Kendra levels
· The review of the programmes of the Sakha held every year and the formulation of a process of evaluating the total functioning of the Sakha
· The areas of activity which need to be emphasized for the next 2 years
· The main programmes that can be organized in these areas
· The manifestation of these programmes from the Sakha till the Kendra levels
· The ways to ensure active involvement of all the members of the Sakhyam
Calendar of Events for the Padana Congress
July 1 The Convening of the Sakha Sakhyam
The Sakha is to select a co-ordinator and to discuss the areas of activity which need to be focussed by the Sakhyam. Informing these to the Kendra office through the forms provided.
August 5 Leadership Workshop (Diocesan level)
It will include Sakha office bearers, the coordinators from the Sakha and the Diocesan committee members. The Padana Congress modules will be distributed and explained by the Diocesan Vice-Presidents.
August 19 Preparation for the Padana Congress
August 26 Padana Congress (Sakha)
The members of the Sakha Sakhyam will meet and discuss the various matters in the module provided and will prepare their report in the given format. This report is to be sent to the Kendra office.
September Leadership Workshop II
Thiruvananthapuram – Kollam September 9
Adoor September 16
Chengannoor – Mavelikara September 16
Niranam – Maramon September 23
Ranni – Nilackal September 23
Kottayam – Kochi September 30
Kunnamkulam – Malabar September 30
Sept-Oct Padana Congress (Diocese)
The Sakha coordinators along with the Sakha President and 4 members will meet at the Diocese level and discuss the various matters in the module provided and will prepare their report in the given format. This report is to be sent to the Kendra office.
Thiruvananthapuram – Kollam September 15
Adoor September 22
Chengannoor – Mavelikara September 22
Niranam – Maramon September 29
Ranni – Nilackal September 29
Kottayam – Kochi October 6
Kunnamkulam – Malabar October 6
October 21 Leadership Workshop III (Kendra Level)
It will include the Kendra committee members, the moderators of the group discussions and those who recorded the proceedings at the Diocesan Padana Congress. The module will be discussed and studied.
October 26, 27 Mar Thoma Yuvajana Sakhyam Padana Congress
It will include the Sakha coordinators and Presidents along with one Sakha representative. Papers will be presented, the reports of the various diocesan Padana Congress will be reviewed and discussed and an action plan will be formulated.
November Preparation of a Handbook based on the deliberations of the Padana Congress
December 29 Mar Thoma Yuvajana Sangamam
Distribution of the Handbook
Expecting the active participation and involvement of all the youths of the Mar Thoma Church.